HUBER+SUHNER Polatis designs and manufactures all-optical fibre-optic switches which make and maintain their optical connections by means of our patented DirectLight™ beam steering technology. You will work independently within a small software test team, participating in software release planning in addition to monitoring and reporting on test coverage, as well as presenting test data to support the release process. With a duality of focus, this role has the extra advantage of giving you scope to mentor less experienced members of the team, in addition to being the conduit for ensuring information and best practice is shared with other areas of the business.
Senior Software Test Engineer
This is a great opportunity to develop your career working within our software test team, writing and maintaining manual and automated test scripts for both system and regression testing.
As an effective self-starter with clear communication skills you are always able and willing to justify your opinions, but you also comprehend the need to ask for help, at the appropriate time.
So, if you naturally polish and perfect your work, scrutinising it for errors, subjecting it to the highest standards of control; and truly believe that perfection is a road, not a destination; then come and work for us.
By way of background you will need to have the following experience:-
- Qualified to degree or PhD level in a relevant subject
- Approximately 5-8 years’ experience in a software development environment, with an emphasis on using Linux
- Familiarity with the complete design cycle from requirements capture through to release and maintenance
- A high level of scripting skills (e.g. – shell, python)
- Software version control, including branched releases
- Test case development experience using embedded software (not Mobile)
- Exposure to Test Automation using Jenkins CI or similar
- ‘hands on’ Hardware experience - finding hardware faults through software.
Some knowledge of interfaces such as RESTCONF, NETCONF, OpenFlow, SNMP, TL1, SCPI, Mantis BT, git, subversion or cvs would be an advantage but is not essential.
In return we offer a friendly and informal work environment in a prime location on the Cambridge Science Park, a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits including private health care, a generous non-contributory pension scheme, health shield cash back plan, and cycle to work scheme.