We are now looking for a Solution Architect in our Cambridge UK headquarters to take a key role in our fast-growing business to solve real world problems and help our customers to improve human health and wellbeing.
Solution Architect, NLP Technologies
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry, healthcare, and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers, and US government organizations such as the FDA.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect in our Cambridge UK headquarters to take a key role in our fast-growing business to solve real world problems and help our customers to improve human health and wellbeing. Reporting into the Product Management team, you will be helping to create solutions based on an exciting blend of Linguamatics products and technologies and appropriate third-party software from our technical partners and elsewhere. Excellent technical and communication skills are required for you to be successful within this role. You will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of the problems faced by our markets and the ability to address those problems in ways that can be understood and built by our development teams.
- You will design, implement and deploy solutions to complex NLP problems faced by Linguamatics customers, leveraging technologies built within Linguamatics development teams and any appropriate third-party applications
- You will communicate the benefits of the Linguamatics applications APIs to help customers create their own solutions.
- You will engage with stakeholders to understand their requirements, scoping, discovering and defining solutions, explaining business benefits and use cases and a roadmap to meet their goals
- You will support our Business development activities, working with our professional services team in proposal generation and solution delivery.
- You will manage the technical aspects of Linguamatics partner relationships.
You will have 3 or more years’ experience in the software/IT industry successfully developing solutions for customers and the following attributes:
- Deep understanding of system/deployment architecture concepts, including:
- Virtualisation & containerisation, e.g. Docker
- Orchestration, e.g. Ansible, Kubernetes
- Application Security
- Big data platforms
- Cloud services, particularly AWS
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experience of integrating with data visualization/analytics/warehousing software and databases
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows OS, including shell scripting
- Strong written communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking both internally and externally at all levels of seniority in the company
- Willingness to travel for customer, partner and internal meetings
We have a preference for candidates with experience of:
- Natural Language Processing or machine learning and associated tools
- Developing solutions in healthcare, processing Electronic Health Records
- Gathering requirements and translating requirements into scalable and robust architecture implementations
- End to end implementation of large enterprise production grade solutions