TTP is an independent technology consultancy where engineers and scientists collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies. We are looking for hands-on physicists – recent graduates, postgraduates and experienced physicists – to join an agile, multidisciplinary team working on cutting edge technology in our Defence and Aerospace sector.
Physicist - Defence & Aerospace
Joining the multidisciplinary team will give you an opportunity to create technology solutions that address the continuously evolving threats and challenges faced by the UK defence and protection forces. We understand that technology can be the critical difference that provides the winning edge – nowhere more so than in the business of protecting the UK’s interests at home and abroad. Example application areas where the group works include commercial avionics, air traffic control systems, electronic warfare, radar, sonar, and data protection.
The team works with a range of clients and partner organisations, including the UK Ministry of Defence, prime system integrators and SMEs to offer innovative solutions across the product and technology life cycle. The broad technical role will span fundamental science, concept creation, system modelling, experimental characterisation and data analysis.
We seek high-achieving physicists with diverse backgrounds; all successful applicants will have excellent academic qualifications, proven technical capabilities, and the ability to thrive in a business environment.
This role is open to graduates and more experienced professionals. As a recent graduate you will be able to show capabilities and commercial interest gained beyond your degree.
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading university in engineering; postgraduate research or commercial experience would be a bonus
- Insatiable curiosity, imagination, initiative and creativity
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of physical principles
- Broad interest in physics and applied science
- Strong experimental and problem-solving skills
- Potential (or experience) for project-leadership
- Applicants must be able to hold a UK security clearance
- Algorithm development
- Coding experience (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python)
- Physics/ Mathematical modelling (e.g. using tools such as Comsol, Zemax or Matlab)
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable