The RF Antenna Test Engineer will work with the RF Design Engineers to develop the test plans and thereby evaluate, validate and document the RF performance of our products.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform RF antenna measurements at our
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Satimo facility
- Perform “on-body” measurements using body phantoms and volunteers
- Develop test plans and procedures based on requirement specifications and detailed engineering design specifications
- Execute test plans and programmes, analyse and collate test results
- Create test reports suitable for further internal analysis, and as deliverables to external clients
- Host clients
- Relevant experience working as an antenna test engineer [with experience in near-field measurement techniques – desirable not essential] and understanding of antenna function and design
- Familiarity with RF test equipment such as spectrum analysers, network analysers, signal generators, Radio communication testers (GSM/LTE/Bluetooth) and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of standard RF measurements such as Antenna efficiency, radiation patterns, Equivalent Isotropic Radiated Power, Total Isotropic Sensitivity, Bit Error Rate, Return Loss/VSWR
- Driving licence to travel between antenna facility and main office
- Experience with Satimo SG- or Starlab systems
- Practical experience of building test systems and testing early stage prototypes and final products
- Scripting/ programming
- Experience with EM simulation tools (e.g. HFSS, CST, FEKO)
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.