Are you a Product Design Engineer with creative flair and experience of design for manufacture and assembly? Do you want to be part of a team with a superb track record of delivering real products that can be found on the market today? We are looking for a Senior Engineer to strengthen our growing DfX group within the Mechanics and Design Department.
Product Design Engineer
The role of Product Design Engineer involves making a meaningful contribution to or leading ground-breaking development programmes to ensure the products we design are exciting and manufacturable in equal measure.
The group is responsible for dynamic hardware development of products, in both high and low volume markets following the guiding principles of DfX with particular emphasis on DfM and DfA. The group operates from product conception and design all the way through to manufacture and product launch. Our work spans a range of industry sectors, such as consumer electronic products, energy sensors and metering, sustainability and agricultural systems. Our engineers often have opportunities to present progress and information directly to our clients.
The DfX group is home to some of the most talented design engineers in the UK with industry experience across many different sectors who bring together their collective knowledge and skills to deliver ground breaking technical solutions at unprecedented speeds. This work often involves the development of new and novel manufacturing techniques and complex supply chain management.
As an experienced Engineer, you will be expected to take a role on complex multi-disciplinary projects. You will have responsibility for developing design solutions which can be manufactured and assembled. More specifically:
- Active and significant contribution in delivery of manufacturing solutions
- Collaboration with engineers and designers from diverse backgrounds, and leadership and mentoring of junior engineers within your discipline
- Working with team members to communicate ideas and engineering concepts to all disciplines
- Working across multiple projects and teams to deliver extraordinary service to our clients, while adhering to tight timescales and budgets
- Generation of concepts and detailed designs based on DfX principles and realised in 3D CAD
- Preparing and delivering design documentation to high quality requirements
- An excellent degree in Design Engineering or equivalent, which combines creative flare with technical understanding
- Experience working professionally within a mechanical engineering discipline
- A deep understanding of DfM and DfA
- Strong written, visual, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about product design and technology with a strong attention to detail
- Hands on experience of 3D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks
- Team leadership or project management experience
- Client-facing experience
A place where everyone is welcome
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender (or gender reassignment), age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.