The DfX group is responsible for fast-paced hardware development of products, in both high and low volume markets following the best practice guiding principles of DfX with particular emphasis on DfM and DfA. The group operates from product conception and design all the way through to manufacture and product launch. Our work spans a range of industry sectors, such as consumer electronic products, energy metering, sustainability and agricultural systems.
The DfX group is home to engineers and designers with industry experience across many different sectors who bring together their collective knowledge and skills to deliver ground breaking technical solutions to our clients at unprecedented speeds. This work often involves development of new and novel manufacturing techniques and complex supply chain management.
- Working with the other Department Leaders and technical seniors, you will be responsible for leading the activities of the DfX group.
- Specific responsibilities will include:
- Active and significant contribution in technical delivery of solutions and products to manufacture
- Line management of members of the group
- Leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams, focusing the team to deliver a solution
- Participating in sales meetings with clients and, in conjunction with other senior members, helping to interpret client requirements, demonstrating Cambridge Consultants’ capability and developing technical proposals
- Working with team members to communicate ideas and engineering concepts to all disciplines
- Recruiting new staff members into the group which align with the Department and Divisional growth plans
- Collaborating with other experts across the company from a range of background and skillsets on all aspects of good engineering practice
- Preparing and delivering technical documentation to high quality requirements
- Working with other engineering disciplines to meet our client goals
- An excellent degree in engineering (or equivalent experience), with a focus on mechanical or similar specialisms
- Strong client-facing skills and must be willing to travel from time to time
- Team leadership, project management or experience of mentoring people in a technical environment
- Experience of working with CEMs typically including contractual negotiations, supplier audits, supply chain management and transfer to manufacture
- Substantial experience working professionally within a mechanical discipline
- Experience and ability in interpreting client requirements and developing technical proposals
- Capacity to lead design direction within the context of manufacturing, including design reviews and FMECAs.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
A Times Top 100 Best Company to work for