We are looking for an EMC Test Engineer to perform pre-compliance EMC for new ground-breaking products. Working closely with our RF Design Engineers you will be part of our test group involved in the testing of early prototypes through to the verification and regulatory testing of the final system.
EMC Test Engineer
As an experienced Test Engineer, you will play a key role in the development of new devices and technologies by the ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, maintain an EMC measurement facility, write test plans, and execute tests to characterise and validate new products.
You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of technologies in multiple industries, from high volume short-range consumer wireless products, through to professional high-performance systems.
The EMC Test Engineer will work with the RF Design Engineers to develop the test plans and thereby evaluate, validate and document the performance and compliance of our products.
- Primarily perform pre-compliance radiated and conducted emissions testing against regulatory requirements
- Maintain the EMC test facility
- Develop test plans and procedures based on requirement specifications and detailed engineering design specifications
- Execute test plans and programmes, analyse and collate test results
- Create test reports suitable for further internal analysis, and as deliverables to external clients
- Relevant experience working as an EMC test engineer
- Understanding of the testing required by the Radio Equipment Directive
- Familiarity with RF test equipment such as spectrum analysers, network analysers, signal generators, power meters
- Familiarity with environmental chambers
- Familiarity with antenna measurements
- Practical experience of building test systems and testing early stage prototypes and final products
- Familiarity with RF test methods and standard RF blocks such as filters, splitters
- Knowledge of a broad range of wireless technologies (e.g. GSM, UMTS, LTE, DECT, BT)
- Ability to design or maintain automated test programs using Labview, Matlab or other software
- Ability to analyse problems and adapt tests as necessary to investigate issues
- Experience of electronic fault finding
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.