The group carries out test planning, design and testing of all products and works closely with other disciplines to test cutting-edge software, hardware and systems. Development team sizes tend to be small and are made up of highly skilled engineers.
As a test engineer, you need to become aware of all forms of testing. You don't have to know how to do all of them, but need to appreciate what is required, be willing to learn new skills and coordinate getting it done.
You will be responsible for:
- Perform tests on existing projects and become familiar with testing approaches
- Evaluate existing tests for their effectiveness and modify if necessary as part of the continuous improvement process
- The scoping and design of tests on projects coming into the division
- The design and maintenance of bespoke test harnesses, including test script creation
- Delivery of high-quality code, compliant with our internal coding standards
- Carrying out your specific project tasks within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
As a graduate you will be supported with specific training and mentoring and as your experience develops, you will have the opportunity take on further responsibilities
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- A good degree in a technical / scientific discipline
- Experience of Python (or other languages)
- Good communication skills, inquisitive nature, attention to detail and a keen interest in technology
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous;
- wireless communications systems
- User interface test techniques (Ethical Hacker / Selenium)
- Issue tracking systems
- Familiarity with hardware such as Raspberry-Pi
- Software development lifecycle
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
For more information about the interview process at Cambridge Consultants, please see here: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/careers/what-expect