We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who has strong real time operating systems programming skills as well as embedded C language skills, extensive experience of software development, platform bring-up and low-level debugging. This role is perfect for someone who prefers to work at broad and very detailed levels and loves solving problems. You will be working on our range of new products and new technologies which will help our customers in industries such as Audio Visual, Broadcast, Control Room / Data Center, Transport, Financial, Medical and Government, Security & Services sectors to solve their connectivity issues.
Embedded Software Engineer
A little bit about us:
At Adder we are renowned for our excellence, reliable performance and innovation.
With 35 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing connectivity solutions for a global audience we are a thought leader in the field, continually striving to deliver excellence through innovation and bringing peace of mind to mission critical applications. We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who is like minded.
- The role involves both the structural design of software and detailed implementation work
- Architect and develop software for our advanced range of digital KVM-over-IP matrix products.
- Co-operate closely with our Testers, Hardware Engineers, Project Managers and other teams working on developing our next generation products.
- Strong embedded C language skills.
- Development, testing and debugging on Linux systems.
- Ability to write optimised code for resource-limited hardware.
- Experience participating in software design and enhancement (discussion and architectural definition of key technologies).
- Extensive experience of software development, including platform bring-up and low-level debugging.
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components and the software interfaces to them.
- Aptitude for complex problem solving.
- A passion for delivering a quality user experience.
- Proficient and confident with Version Control Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good degree or equivalent educational qualifications in an appropriate discipline.
Desirable / useful
- Development, testing and debugging on RTOS based systems.
- C++ programming.
- Networking protocols (TCP/UDP etc.).
- Video compression techniques.
- Encryption standards (e.g. open SSL, TLS library, public key and symmetric cryptography).
- Experience of the software lifecycle: has taken complex software from concept to product and into maintenance.
- A general understanding of higher level languages and database operation.
- Networking topologies.
We offer a varied range of benefits from 25 days holiday and generous Pension scheme to a Private Medical care.