We are looking for a Software Engineer who has good experience in Linux or Linux based platforms, C or C++ and Video. This role is perfect for someone who has worked with high Speed and IP based technologies, thrives in a high paced environment and loves challenges. You will be working on our range of new products and new technologies which will help our customers in industries such as Audio Visual, Broadcast, Control Room / Data Center, Transport, Financial, Medical and Government, Security & Services sectors to solve their connectivity issues.
Software Engineer, Linux
A little bit about us:
At Adder we are renowned for our excellence, reliable performance and innovation.
With 35 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing connectivity solutions for a global audience we are a thought leader in the field, continually striving to deliver excellence through innovation and bringing peace of mind to mission critical applications. We are looking for a Software Engineer, Linux who is like minded.
- Along with other team members you will be designing and implementing our high-speed IP based solutions working with Linux, C / C++ and Video
- Implementing software for our advanced range of digital KVM-over-IP matrix products.
- Co-operate closely with our Testers, Hardware Engineers, Project Managers and other teams working on developing our next generation products.
- Excellent knowledge of C
- Good working knowledge of network technology and specific programming skills in Linux, RESTful APIs, embedded Linux.
- Ability to understand a complex problem space and produce well designed, readable, testable, and well documented code
- Good understanding of network multimedia technology
- Experience of Networking and IP networks
- Experience of Video and Audio networking in distributed systems
- Previous experience in the design of scalable, highly reliable, failure tolerant systems.
Desirable / useful
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Django and SNMP
- A working knowledge of encryption techniques would also be very useful
- A good understanding of the sometimes complex relationships between network devices, users, groups, connection types, access rights and system status
- Experience of Scrum and Agile Experience of brokered WAN or Cloud systems
- Experience of Scrum and Agile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce optimised and innovative solutions
- A passion for delivering a quality solution
- A good degree or equivalent educational qualifications in an appropriate discipline
We offer a varied range of benefits from 25 days holiday and generous Pension scheme to a Private Medical care.