Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Commodity Buyer - Technology and Innovation - Royston - UK
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
Become part of the Team
The role of the Commodity Buyer will be responsible for the end to end procurement of all strategic and transactional sourcing across our Technology and Innovation Service. You will be working closely with the Head of Operations and central Procurement. This role will be responsible for the following key components of a mixture of direct and indirect spend:
• Category manage the direct and indirect spend and be able to formulate sourcing plans
• Being the go to person for all aspects of the Consultants requirements. Working alongside them to understand their technical needs and deliverables
• Responsible for the full end to end sourcing process including market analysis, execution of tenders, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities
• Support the delivery of robust commercial and contractual terms to support the control of Technology and Innovations expenditure.
• Identifying, selecting strategic supply partnerships, supplier management, commercial and contractual negotiations
• Leading all aspects of the procurement cycle in partnership with the business
• Delivering cost savings against the agreed sourcing strategies and reporting both bottom line and cost avoidance savings to finance
• Performance managing strategic suppliers by developing service level agreements and key performance indicators
• Promoting best practice contract management
• Retaining all relevant documentation and commercial documents
What we're looking for
• Previous purchasing experience essential
• Experience of delivering significant cost reduction through use of appropriate sourcing, contract management and supplier management tools and techniques
• Experience of sourcing and contract managing categories Manufacturing, IT, componentry
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of using a Purchase to Pay (P2P) system advantageous
• Ability to problem solve and be commercially astute
• The gravitas to communicate and influence at all levels of an organisation
• CIPS (chartered institute of purchasing and supply) qualified advantageous
About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
• Private medical insurance
• Interest free season ticket loan
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
• Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.