Redgate is looking for a marketer with a passion for product, and a customer-focused approach, to take responsibility for marketing one of our key product or solution areas. You’ll need to be comfortable in an externally facing role, speaking to customers regularly, and translating what you learn into marketing strategies.
Product Marketing Manager
“As a Product Marketing Manager at Redgate, your number one priority is understanding our customers and markets inside out so that you can develop the right positioning, content and strategies to reach and engage your target audience. Second to that is the ability to collaborate well with a range of internal stakeholders – since you’ll work most closely with product development and sales, you’ll need to be both technically literate and commercially minded in equal measure.”
Kate Duggan, Head of Portfolio Marketing
Redgate is looking for a marketer with a passion for product, and a customer-focused approach, to take responsibility for marketing one of our key product or solution areas. You’ll need to be comfortable in an externally facing role, speaking to customers regularly, and translating what you learn into marketing strategies. You’ll also need to be able to work well with internal colleagues particularly in engineering and sales. Collaboration will range from ensuring they are kept informed about the way we’re positioning our products, to providing your input into product strategy, through to developing content and materials that will help our sales teams sell more effectively.
It’ll be your responsibility to make sure the positioning of your products is spot on for your target segments. You’ll also have to be clear on where we need to focus our marketing effort based on your research. For example, you should be able to answer questions such as what kind of challenges are our customers trying to overcome, where do they go to research potential solutions, what kind of content do they like to consume, how involved are they in the buying process, how can we best make them aware of the value in partnering with Redgate? You’ll then need to be able to translate those findings into action, creating the right content and campaigns to resonate with them, and choosing the right channels to reach them.
You’ll need to be an excellent communicator with a flair for taking complex technical concepts and communicating them to a broad range of audiences. You should enjoy being hands-on – creating content, developing messaging etc -as well as be able to think more strategically – understanding the competitive space and how we should adapt our offering to meet customer needs. As part of this varied role, you will also need to care about marketing performance and be able to evolve your plans according to what you’ve learnt about what works or what doesn’t, so you’ll need strong analytical skills and you’ll need to be data-driven.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. And if you have experience of marketing to developers, a flair for writing content (particularly of a technical nature) and a growth marketing mind-set, this would all be a plus.
What makes you Redgate’s next Product Marketing Manager?
- You’re into technical products with a passion for the commercial side.
- You’re confident taking ownership for a product or product group from a marketing perspective.
- You’re an excellent communicator and have great writing skills.
- You’re a collaborator, appreciating input into your plans from across the business, and equally able to influence others.
- You’re data driven with great analytical skills and have the ability to take insight from market research and data to inform marketing plans.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- You have a ‘can-do’ attitude, you’re self-motivated, and you get things done.
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package.
- £40,000 to £55,000, depending upon experience.
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work time. some working from home may be possible after a settling in period.
- This role is based in Cambridge, UK and we provide extensive relocation support where needed.