This is a great opportunity to be part of MediaTek’s highly experienced global RF team working on state-of-the-art 5G RF products in advanced CMOS processes.
Your responsibilities will include the specification, architecture design, circuit design, implementation and verification of synthesizer systems for 5G RF ICs.
Your focus will be on developing innovative synthesizer designs with leading edge performance and excellent results on first silicon.
• MSc. or PhD in a closely related field
• 5 years relevant industrial experience
• Proven track record of delivering high performance PLLs to mass production
Essential Technical Skills
• Strong background in PLL design preferably for RF IC applications
• Excellent understanding of state-of-the-art PLL architectures
• Excellent understanding of PLL sub-blocks design such as VCOs/DCOs/PFD/TDC.
• Experience with optimisation of RF or mixed-signal circuit layout
• Experience with design in advanced CMOS technologies (28nm or below)
• Strong analytical skills
• A proven track record of delivering high performance products to mass production
• Highly motivated to innovate to improve the performance of PLLs for next generation cellular Radios
Desirable Technical Skills
• Experience with Cadence Analog Design Environment
• Good understanding of RF performance requirements for cellular systems
• Experience with EM simulation tools
• Competent in doing data analysis and modelling using Matlab and/or Octave
• An innovative thinker with a passion and critical thinking mind for challenging technical problem solving
• Highly motivated and results driven to see projects through to completion
• A team player with the ability to work with others to complete challenging projects together as well as successfully working independently
• A good communicator who is able to communicate effectively using a range of tools (Email, IM, VC etc.) with people across different timezones and cultures
• Meticulous in ensuring work is completed to a high quality
• Using skilled judgement to make decisions
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
MediaTek and You
MediaTek look for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We know that every employee makes important contributions, and that every employee is integral to our success.
Compensation & Benefits Package
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical insurance for you and your family with medical, dental and vision plans
- Company pension scheme
- Patent reward scheme
- Relocation and UK visa/ work permit assistance, if applicable
- Technical training opportunities
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in West Malling, Kent with an additional team in Cambourne, Cambridgeshire. These locations offer an excellent choice of living environments, with outstanding schools in traditional rural villages and local towns. Both West Malling and Cambourne are conveniently located within one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar and Eurotunnel terminals. You will have the option to choose to work in either fantastic location.