MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We enable more than 1.5 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number two globally in mobile phones. MediaTek is one of the top four companies globally to advance 5G development. Working together with 5G component suppliers and worldwide cellular operators around RF technology, MediaTek is quickly bringing a complete, standards-based and optimized 5G solution to the market.
Senior Staff mmWave IC Design Engineer
Due to our continuing success and growth in the cellular chipset market, we have an exciting new opportunity in MediaTek’s UK RF IC Design Centre in Kent. We are looking to recruit proven RF design talent, capable of delivering leading-edge products with demanding time to market requirements.
This is a great opportunity to be part of MediaTek’s highly experienced global RF team working on state-of-the-art 5G RF products in advanced CMOS processes.
Your responsibilities will include the specification, architecture design, circuit design, implementation and verification of complete sub-systems for 5G mmWave ICs.
Your focus will be on developing innovative architectures and circuits with leading edge performance and excellent results on first silicon.
• MSc. or PhD in a closely related field
• 5 years relevant industrial experience
• Proven track record of delivering CMOS mmWave transceivers to mass production
Essential Technical Skills
• Strong background in mmWave IC design for 5G applications
• Excellent understanding of modern mmWave transceiver architectures
• Excellent knowledge of RF system analysis and specification
• Strong experience with 2.5D and 3D EM simulation tools
• Experience with optimisation of mmWave circuit layout
• Experience with design in advanced CMOS technologies (65nm or below)
• Strong analytical skills
• A proven track record of delivering high performance products to mass production
• Highly motivated to innovate to improve the performance of mmWave systems for next generation cellular Radios
Desirable Technical Skills
• Experience with Cadence Analog Design Environment
• Good understanding of RF performance requirements for cellular systems
• Experience with mmWave IC testing
• Competent in doing data analysis using Matlab and/or Python
• An innovative thinker with a passion and critical thinking mind for challenging technical problem solving
• Highly motivated and results driven to see projects through to completion
• A team player with the ability to work with others to complete challenging projects together as well as successfully working independently
• A good communicator who is able to communicate effectively using a range of tools (Email, IM, VC etc.) with people across different timezones and cultures
• Meticulous in ensuring work is completed to a high quality
• Using skilled judgement to make decisions
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
MediaTek and You
MediaTek look for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We know that every employee makes important contributions, and that every employee is integral to our success.
Compensation & Benefits Package
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical insurance for you and your family with medical, dental and vision plans
- Company pension scheme
- Patent reward scheme
- Relocation and UK visa/ work permit assistance, if applicable
- Technical training opportunities
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in West Malling, Kent with an additional team in Cambourne, Cambridgeshire. These locations offer an excellent choice of living environments, with outstanding schools in traditional rural villages and local towns. Both West Malling and Cambourne are conveniently located within one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar and Eurotunnel terminals. You will have the option to choose to work in either fantastic location.