- PhD in the field of NLP
- 2+ years of experience in at least one of the following NLP tasks: natural language understanding, dialogue manager, information retrieval
- Track record of coming up with new ideas in NLP, as demonstrated by projects or first author publications conferences
- Software skills spanning from conceptual stage (like Python, R, MATLAB) to deployment stage (feature release, version control)
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Hands-on experience with ML frameworks (like Keras, Tensorflow or PyTorch)
- Experience with NLP libraries (like NLTk, spaCy, openNLP, Stanford-NLP, WordNet)
This position will be at our Cambourne, Cambridgeshire office, based 9 miles outside Cambridge city centre (with frequent direct bus services). Cambridge is also conveniently located circa one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar.
MediaTek Research UK Ltd
MediaTek Research UK Ltd is the central research-oriented arm for the global MediaTek Group. The Research Lab shall advance the state of the art of AI and Communications technology, and deliver critical algorithms to enable innovative business cases.
MediaTek Research UK Ltd’s parent group is a leading semiconductor product and technology company. We look for people with great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills who are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of the industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions, of future users. At MediaTek, our employees are revolutionizing the shape, size and capability of devices in many parts of the consumer electronics, computing, wireless and mobile industry. From feature phones and smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
MediaTek is a global company, focusing on innovation and execution of excellent product solutions for our customers. At MediaTek, we know that every employee makes important contributions and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide competitive compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary and bonus, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.