RAND Europe is a not-for-profit organisation that conducts independent research. Our mission is to help improve policy and decision-making through evidence-based research and analysis. We have a track record of providing expert advice that directly influences policy decisions in the UK and across Europe. Our work lies on the continuum between that of universities and consultancies, combining the academic rigour of universities and the professional, task orientated approach of consultancies.
Analyst - IHS
The Innovation, Health and Science group at RAND Europe conducts a wide-ranging portfolio of policy research for a diverse client base in the UK, Europe and beyond. Our work covers:
- Science / Innovation Policy (innovation models for government, horizon scanning and emerging technologies, biotechnology, digital technologies, research evaluation and impact, and research policy)
- Health Policy (public health, health and healthcare research, health economics, evaluation, healthcare organisation and service delivery, and innovation in health care)
We are continually looking for the best new talent to join our high-performing research group. In particular, we are searching for a dedicated Analyst to join our Innovation, Health and Science group who can support our research and analysis activities with a flexible and collaborative approach and experience in one or more of the policy areas in which we work.
This is an opportunity for a motivated individual with a background in quantitative and/or qualitative analysis to join a world-class policy research organisation with a collaborative and supportive working culture.
You may come from any relevant science or social science background – including public policy research, economics, science and technology studies, medical sociology, public health, health services research, medical statistics or epidemiology – and have experience in applying your skills to policy problems.
The role of the Analyst will be to:
- Undertake analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative data to support innovation, science and/or health policy analysis (including desk research/literature review, interviews, workshops, surveys, bibliometrics, econometrics, statistics, horizon scanning and futures analysis, etc.);
- Project manage straightforward research tasks, ensuring they are delivered within time, and budgetary constraints, communicating with clients and working within small project teams;
- Contribute to writing project reports and, potentially, articles in peer-reviewed journals (or equivalent);
- Support business development efforts by contributing to proposal-writing and other business winning activities.
You will be qualified to post graduate degree level or equivalent. Ideally you will have several years’ work experience after university.
RAND Europe has an extensive skills and development programme that will build your capabilities and equip you for the range of challenging and exciting tasks that we will ask you to work on. You will also have dedicated support for your personal development.
It is essential that you already have the right to work in the UK. Fluency in English is also essential and proficiency in other EU languages would be useful.
- Competitve pension scheme
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Permanent health insurance
- Group life assurance
- A professional, engaging, multinational work enviroment
- Employee welling initiatives such as: cycle to work scheme, fresh fruit, free tea & coffee, company bikes
How to apply
If you feel that you have the qualities to further strengthen our team, please submit a CV, covering letter including a short writing sample (up to 3 pages, aimed at a non-technical audience).