Xaar has defined 3 values which are vital to our business; each represents an area of essential importance to us. Their existence is intended to guide difficult decisions and shape behaviour. They are applicable to all of us in what we do.
Trust – We trust each other to deliver on our commitment and do our best for Xaar.
Collaboration – We all work together, and with our partners, to achieve success
Drive – We are excited about our potential and put energy into everything we do
Purpose of Role:
To develop a solid understanding of finance whilst supporting the Finance team in driving business performance. The role will focus on two key areas of finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Transactional Finance. Within FP&A, the job holder will develop a commercial understanding of business operations, providing financial support to senior stakeholders. They will develop the skills to drive decision making through, evaluation, planning, forecasting and reporting. Xaar’s transactional team’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to accounts payable, credit control, bank reconciliations, fixed assets and treasury. Here the job holder will develop an understanding of the key processes, taking ownership of certain tasks whilst also providing support and cover to the rest of the team where necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career in finance, providing the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills whilst playing a pivotal role in the company’s performance.
The role will also provide the opportunity to study towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
Senior Finance Business Partner
- Preparation and posting of prepayments and accruals, and other general journals
- Preparation and distribution of monthly operating expenditure packs
- Provision of detailed variance analysis against plan and forecast
- Support of the annual plan and monthly forecasting process
- Reconciliation of balance sheets
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts and other nominated accounts
- National statistic returns
- Transactional finance team support as required
- Completion of other ad-hoc tasks and analysis as required
- and any other duties commensurate with the level of the role
- Developing an understanding of the Finance function including accounting practices and processes
- Building strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Developing a commercial understanding of the business in order to then challenge the business to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our financial plans
- An inquisitive individual with a desire to learn and develop new skills
- Has a meticulous approach to problem solving and pays great attention to detail
- Takes accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- A resilient individual who excels under pressure
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possesses the interpersonal skills to negotiate and challenge as appropriate
- Demonstrates the ability to manage their own time and work to deadlines
- Works cooperatively, and can build positive, constructive relationships
- Graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree, ideally in a relevant subject (Finance & Accounting, Maths, Economics)
- IT Literate – basic understanding of Microsoft Office with a particular emphasis on Excel