Dynamic technology consultancy seeking enthusiastic engineers and scientists
Senior Electronics and Software Product Engineer
This is a senior role for candidates who have completed numerous electronics or electromechanical product development projects and can demonstrate success in tackling technical challenges through to product
launch. You might have worked in a product company or a technical consultancy.
You will be responsible for the entire product architecture, leading dynamic project teams to develop innovative electromechanical devices from concept to production for multinational device companies. You
would get the opportunity to build relationships with clients, understand their business needs, and secure commercial contracts to deliver highly challenging development programmes.
Unlike roles at many other companies, you do not have to choose between “doing technical work” and “becoming a manager”. You would still spend a fair portion of your time hands-on developing electronics or
software while also building a team and shaping the product development process.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure
that your work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward achievement of company performance targets.
The Senior Electronics and Software Product Engineer role
- Leading project teams and delivering technical progress to clients
- Integrating all aspects of electromechanical product design and transfer to manufacture
- Developing the electronics and embedded software for diverse and complex new products
- Developing new opportunities into business contracts
- Taking a lead on developing the electronics and software capability within Springboard
- Extensive professional industrial experience of product design through to manufacture
- Experience of medical or safety-critical device development would be helpful
- Enthusiasm for selling projects and business development
- An aptitude for building client relationships and delivering excellent work on time and budget
- A first or 2:1 in engineering from a leading university (UK top 10 or equivalent)
- Eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can strengthen our team.