We are a friendly company of around 40 employees, working in a challenging and creative environment. We are looking for a high calibre mechanical engineer to help us continue our recent growth. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in delivery of engineering projects; they will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, technically excellent, business savvy and a strong communicator.
You will be a mechanical engineer, product designer or physicist who creates value for our clients through successfully leading projects that solve complex technical problems to support the development of new products and processes. You will provide leadership on projects covering a wide range of applications and will work within, and lead, multidisciplinary teams to develop opportunities for new and existing clients and work with the 42T technical team as part of our world class consultancy.
42 Technology has a very strong technical team, with expertise in complex mechanical and electromechanical systems, thermal and fluidic analysis, novel sensors and sensing systems and connected devices (IoT). We have particular strengths in developing creative solutions that generate valuable intellectual property (IP) for our clients, and in helping them strengthen their IP portfolio. Candidates must bring a similar depth of experience and strength in their technical domain, alongside exceptional project leadership. They must be a persuasive and strong communicator with both the client and the internal project team.
We offer a competitive package including 28 days holiday, private healthcare and a performance related bonus.
You will have:
- A passion and talent for mechanical engineering, applied physics or product design and creative problem solving.
- A strong technical degree in mechanical engineering, product design or physics from a well-reputed institution.
- Skills in creative problem solving and challenging the boundaries of a problem.
- A proven track record in managing design and development projects as well as in taking a hands on role in the development of complex technical solutions for new products and processes.
- Excellent, engaging communication skills, being able to present technical subjects persuasively, and negotiate with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and managing work packages, and reviewing the work of other engineers, designers and technologist, as well as managing clients / stakeholders to ensure project requirements are fully understood and that expectations are aligned and met.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a relevant consulting or industry field.
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience in a manufacturing and production environment and a knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Practical, work-shop based engineering experience in machining, assembly or prototyping work (perhaps from previous employment, hobbies, or university projects).
- Experience of managing and mentoring other engineers on a non-project based basis to help them achieve personal development goals.
- Experience of reporting to higher levels of management and assisting the business in its wider strategic aims.
- A keen interest in promoting the company, developing client accounts, and gaining industry sector-specific experience.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the skills and experience to succeed then apply today.
Our application process includes two half days of interviews. We aim to respond to applications within two weeks and aim to complete the whole process within one month