Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (ACT) is the independent, registered charity that raises funds to support Addenbrooke's and the Rosie, the Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH).
Community Relationships Lead
We connect givers and causes, supporting projects and facilities that are beyond the boundaries of NHS funding to achieve the highest possible standards and outcomes in patient experience, clinical care, research and education.
This role sits within ACT’s Relationships team. The team is responsible for ACT’s major relationships with donors, fundraisers, trusts and corporates who support Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals with charitable donations and fundraised gifts of over £10,000.
The Role: Community Relationships Lead has the following areas of responsibility:
- High Value fundraiser management – working with our major fundraisers (individuals and businesses) to help them raise more money by implementing tried and trusted relationship techniques traditionally used in major donor fundraising.
- Meet and exceed the team budget, increasing net income substantially year on year including delivering a personal six-figure target
- Prospecting for key individuals to feed to the Philanthropy Lead and Head of team.
- To work alongside colleagues in our Donor Services team – helping upskill and promote the benefits of proactive supporter relationship management.
We are therefore looking for an experienced and passionate high value community relationships lead, who understands the challenges, rewards and opportunities that community fundraising can provide. Someone who can drive forward our relationships and work in partnership with our fundraisers and ACT teams to bring about maximum return on investment.
- Develop and deliver an income growth plan for fundraisers
- Responsible for account managing high value supporters, developing and implementing personalised stewardship plans, delivering best practice in relationship fundraising at every stage.
- Plan and implement a range of activities (including organisational, team and donor specific events) to retain ACT supporters and further develop their support over time.
- Ensure that all fundraisers, pledgers and supporters have bespoke and personal communications including timely reports about the impact of their efforts and support.
- Define a high value prospect identification methodology and uplift programme including metrics.
- Contribute to fundraising update reports for the Head of Relationships on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance to the team as and when required.
3. GENERAL CORPORATE REQUIREMENTS
- To adhere at all times to ACT’s policies and procedures as varied from time to time
- Undertake not to reveal to any person or entity any confidential information relating to donors, patients and employees, policies, processes and dealings and not to make public statements relating to the affairs of ACT without prior authority of the Director of Fundraising or CEO
- To ensure the effective and efficient use of ACT’s resources
- To ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard.
- To be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974).
- To respect the confidentiality of all matters learned in the course of employment and respect the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998).
- To work in line with the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice and other relevant legislation and guidance
- To ensure due regard is given to customs, values and spiritual beliefs of supporters, patients, carers and their relatives.
- To perform any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- To participate in team meetings, planning and any corporate development activities and initiatives as may be identified from time to time.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as may be identified as necessary by the senior management team from time to time.
The job description outlines the duties required of this post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility outlined.