Green Energy Options (geo) are looking for an enthusiastic IT Systems Administrator to join their growing team. Based just outside Cambridge, geo prides itself on its friendly and supportive workplace that promotes diversity, embraces inclusion and cultivates respect for all individuals. geo has an energetic, positive working culture, with fantastic benefits including 25 days annual leave, continuous training and development opportunities, access to a free staff punt boat, 5% employer pension and much more!
IT Systems Administrator
Based in Cambridge (UK) Green Energy Options (geo) specialise in the design, manufacture and support of energy management display and information systems for domestic markets across Europe. Our focus is helping consumers understand and manage their domestic energy and water consumption. As such we design, manufacture and support consumer products. Established in 2006 geo is now one of the leading home energy management system companies in the world having sold over 5 million systems. We are listed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 fastest growing UK tech Companies for a third year running and in 2017 we won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation. With major contracts to supply the UK smart metering programme, multiple connected home contracts and a growing distribution channel the company is continuing to experience substantial growth.
Working directly with our IT Systems Manager, you will have a broad exposure to technical IT and provide IT support for our staff, systems and processes here at geo. You will be responsible for networking and technical IT and your typical responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining our Apple and Windows desktop estate
- First & second line IT support for desktop systems (this will include working with the IT ticketing system)
- Desktop systems maintenance including WSUS and JamF
- Running and monitoring malware systems
- Running desktop aspects of the GEO ISO27001 information security system
- Maintain and run Windows active directory, including DHCP and DNS
- Maintain and run Office 365 and Exchange online including integrations with other applications
- Maintaining IT for meeting rooms and meeting spaces
- Building machines for new starters
- Maintaining the Phone System extensions, ring groups, IVRs etc
- Exercising business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Participate in IT projects as and when required.
- Maintaining Microsoft Navision
What you need for this position
- Able to react to and rapidly resolve urgent IT issues
- Exposure to ISO27001 regulations (desirable)
- A good degree in a relevant subject or demonstrably excellent technical skills and knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Strong Windows™ skills
- Experience with Apple Machines
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical mindset
- Good knowledge of security principles
- Strong written and verbal communications
To apply for this position please apply with your CV with a covering letter outlining why you are interested and what you can bring to this role together with your salary expectations and availability.