Prima Electronics Services is a successful UK manufacturing company requiring an experienced Buyer with Electro-mech purchasing experience to join their team. You will be adept at negotiating and driving down cost in the electro-mech global arena, whilst developing supplier relations.
Opportunities for permanent roles in a range of business sectors
- Material quotations for new & existing business to support the sales team.
- Negotiation of contractual terms and conditions to ensure agreements represent the best interests of the organisation.
- Negotiate on existing and new contracts to ensure best cost/service efficiency to the business.
- Proactively striving for cost reduction and process improvements across the entire supply chain.
- Manage UK and international suppliers to ensure there is a professional and effective client relationship.
- Ensure compliance procedures are met.
- Reviewing existing procurement systems and implementing new processes.
- Previous electronic component and mechanical – both metal and plastic enclosure level procurement experience is required and an understanding of the supply market to ensure correct sourcing.
- Proven ability to read and understand 2D & 3D CAD / CAM drawings.
- Strong ERP/MRP and materials management experience.
- Working knowledge of Pegasus / OPERA preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrative experience of procuring goods and services on behalf of a complex engineering/technical business, ideally within the electronics / mechanical sector.
- Experience of international sourcing.
- HND / GCSE qualified desirable, but not essential.
- ISO 9001:2015 experience.
- Experience of Supply Chain Management in Electronic Manufacturing Service organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and have good attention to detail.
- Team ethos - proven ability to work as part of a team.
- An appetite for hitting targets and deadlines, flexible can do attitude.
- An inquisitive mind and a passion for cutting edge technology.
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 2pm Friday