About the role:
As part of your role ensuring the smooth running of the lab you will monitor and ensure equipment is in full working order, we have the supplies we need and the labs are set-up optimally.
On a day to day basis you will be working closely with individuals in CellOps to resolve issues in the labs, organising services or repairs of equipment, carrying out safety inspections and you will be regularly ordering consumables, organising and managing our LN2 and sample stores.
You will work closely with the legal and ethics teams, H&S and facilities teams to ensure we are following best practise, representing CellOps at meetings, writing SOPs and risk assessments and presenting information and updates to the teams.
- Being proactive in identifying issues or areas for improvement and working with the CellOps teams and other teams; i.e. H&S, facilities, and stores to resolve them.
- Ensuring Health & Safety is well managed. Working with the H&S team to flag concerns, resolve issues and helping people in the lab to do their work safely.
- Take a lead in driving forwards and champion some of our improvement initiatives – such as 5S, quality management, automation.
As part of your role you will be required to join our out of hours on call rota, to deal with equipment alarms.
- Higher education qualification in biological sciences or equivalent work experience
- Scientific and laboratory management experience
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety regulations
- Experience with writing and maintaining SOPs and H&S documentation
- Experience of working with human tissue samples/the Human Tissue Act
- Experience working with liquid nitrogen delivery and storage systems
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good communications skills
Interviews will take place week commencing 23rd October