Green Energy Options (geo) are looking for an enthusiastic Programme Manager to join their growing team. Based just outside Cambridge, geo prides itself on its friendly and supportive workplace that promotes diversity, embraces inclusion and cultivates respect for all individuals. geo has an energetic, positive working culture, with fantastic benefits including 25 days annual leave, continuous training and development opportunities, access to a free staff punt boat, private medical cover, life assurance scheme, 5% employer pension and much more!
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading local business?
If the answer is YES and you are looking to take the next steps in your career, Green Energy Options (geo) would love to hear from you.
Your new role
Reporting into our COO, the successful Programme Manager will become a hands-on member of staff with responsibilities including:
- Cross Project coordination, priority setting, risk management and decision making to achieve the goals of the respective Programmes
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the plan
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Ensure project governance is applied to all projects and updating the governance processes as required.
- Verify and validate the program, ensuring adherence to standards and alignment with the vision.
- Ensure there are regular reviews, there is accountability, and that management of projects, stakeholders and suppliers is in place.
- Operate and run geo’s Programme Board
- Line Manage a small team of Project Managers and work with COO to appointment projects to Project Managers
- Manage resource requirements and report to the Programme Management meeting on any misalignments between resource availability and requirements
- Ensure that component parts fit together properly to make the intended whole. Optimize performance across the program value chain, functionally and technically.
- Act as a Project Manager for agreed projects
Could this be the ideal role for me?
We are looking for a hands-on Programme Manager, with strong business acumen; who can run projects as well as operate at a senior level and line manage a team. As our ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and experience
- Detail orientated approach
- Significant experience managing documentation and project metrics
- Experience running projects using Agile
- Exposure to ISO9001 regulations (desirable)
- A good degree in a relevant subject or demonstrably excellent technical skills and knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of line management (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication style
Why work for us?
Based just outside Cambridge, geo prides itself on its friendly and supportive workplace that promotes diversity, embraces inclusion and cultivates respect for all individuals. geo has an energetic, positive working culture, with fantastic benefits including 25 days annual leave, continuous training and development opportunities, access to a free staff punt boat, private medical cover, life assurance scheme, 5% employer pension and much more! The successful Programme Manager will be offered a competitive basic salary of £65,000 - £75,000.
Established in 2006, geo is now one of the leading home energy management system companies in the world having sold over 4 million systems, specialising in the design, manufacturing and support of energy management display and information systems for domestic markets across Europe We are listed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 fastest growing UK tech Companies for a third year running and in 2017 we won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation. With major contracts to supply the UK smart metering programme, multiple connected home contracts and a growing distribution channel the company is continuing to experience substantial growth.
If you want to be considered for our Programme Manager vacancy, please click APPLY below to register your interest!