The position is largely lab-based and, working closely with the technical team and collaborators, you will be responsible for:
- Co-developing novel materials with energetic, spectral and functional characteristics for use in the company’s future breakthrough products.
- Synthesis of conjugated small molecules and polymers from 100mg to multi-gram scale batches.
- Developing and optimising synthetic routes for target materials
- Performing basic optical and physical characterization (UV/Vis Absorption, PL, XRD etc.).
- Related planning, data analysis and record management.
- Maintain various pieces of lab equipment and ordering chemicals as required.
- Reporting results at regular technical meetings.
With a PhD in Organic Synthesis, you will be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Extensive experience in conjugated small molecule or polymer synthesis and purification. (Essential)
- Ability to independently and effectively communicate and interact with team members and collaborators. (Essential)
- Experience using standard optical/physical characterisation techniques for synthesised organic materials (e.g. NMR, UVVis, PL, XRD). (Essential)
- Good record keeping and health and safety practices in a chemistry laboratory environment. (Essential)
In addition, knowledge, skills and practical experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Material stability assessment and knowledge around synthetic stability improvement approaches for organic materials developed.
You will have excellent organisational capabilities, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines. You will have a strong team ethic, good verbal and written communication skills. You will possess a diligent attitude and be eager to learn and develop new skills.
CPT can provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to contribute to the development of a business with the potential for truly global impact, both commercially and environmentally and the opportunity to grow with the organisation as technology goals are achieved.
CPT offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The role is full-time with a 37.5 hour working week, a 25-day holiday allowance and is based in Cambridge UK.