The position is largely lab-based and, working closely with the technical team and collaborators, you will be responsible for:
- Co-developing novel materials with energetic, spectral and functional characteristics for use in the company’s future breakthrough products.
- Synthesis of nanocrystals with suitable ligand shells and related scale-up
- Developing synthetic routes and recipes for improved performance (quantum efficiency, stability, ligand exchange) nanocrystal materials.
- Performing rigorous optical and physical characterization (UV/Vis Absorption, Photoluminescence, PLQE, SEM/TEM, XRF etc.)
- Reporting results at regular technical meetings and related planning, data analysis and record management.
With a PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science focussed on inorganic colloid/nanoparticle synthesis, you will be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Nanocrystal synthesis, core-shell nanocrystals, purification and control of nanocrystal ligand chemistry. (Essential)
- Highly flexible and adaptable approach, applying both deep and broad relevant knowledge to successfully solving highly technical materials related challenges (Highly desirable)
- Advanced optical/physical characterisation techniques for synthesised quantum dot materials related solutions and thin films (e.g. UVVis, PL, SEM/TEM, PLQE). (Essential)
- Highly flexible and adaptable approach, applying both deep and broad relevant knowledge to successfully solving highly technical materials challenges (Highly desirable)
- Ability to independently and effectively communicate and interact with team members and collaborators. (Essential)
- Good record keeping and health and safety practices in an optics and chemistry focussed laboratory environments. (Essential)
In addition, knowledge and practical experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Film coating via spin-coating or blade-coating techniques
- Optoelectronic device fabrication and testing
- Scripting of Matlab or Python data extraction and manipulation
- Interfacing of equipment for automated sequence generation, e.g. with LabView
You will have excellent organisational capabilities, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines. You will have a strong team ethic, good verbal and written communication skills. You will have a diligent attitude and be eager to learn and develop new skills.
CPT can provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to contribute to the development of a business with the potential for truly global impact, both commercially and environmentally and the opportunity to grow with the organisation as technology goals are achieved.
CPT offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The role is full-time with a 37.5 hour working week, a 25-day holiday allowance and is based in Cambridge UK.