Cambrionix technology allows you to Charge, Connect, Manage and Store mobile devices, through Managed USB hubs. Based in Cambridge on the St. John’s Innovation Park, we have been successfully operating in this market for over 10 years. Currently dealing with some of the largest Blue-Chip companies in the world, we help them achieve seamless data transfer and charging for mass deployments of mobile devices across many industries including Development and SQA (Testing) Teams, Education, Healthcare and other business verticals.
Pre- and Post-Sales Technical Support Engineer
[ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE ]
- Provide technical advice and support to end users, resellers and the internal sales team for our range of products.
- Assist where appropriate with the specification, installation, configuration and commissioning of customer systems, and provide on-going technical support including liaison with suppliers and/or the internal engineering/development team to resolve issues, where required;
- Assist with testing products, communicating these results back to the development team and helping develop or update documentation, upgrade plans and roadmaps;
- Create and maintain various test and demonstration environments
- Test and evaluate new hardware and software products from suppliers, informing internal decisions on adoption and appropriate sales and support strategies.
- Support customers using our API (Application Programming Interface)
- Work closely with our Sales and Engineering team to create a seamless customer experience.
[ PERSON SPECIFICATION ]
- Experience in customer facing technical advice and support, both pre- and post-sales
- Have a software or electronics background
- An understanding of coding/scripting or electronic/technical limitations
- Applications Engineer or Field Apps Engineer background.
[ Core Competencies ]
- Planning, organisation, prioritising and meeting deadlines;
- Problem solving;
- Drive and taking action;
- Attention to detail;
- Working autonomously;
- Customer service/care;
- Verbal and written communication skills.
[ Role Competencies ]
- Ability to deal with highly IT-literate end customers by phone, email or face-to-face;
- Ability to use own initiative to identify suitable solutions and solve customer problems;
- Ability to write and maintain presentations, training materials and other documentation;
- Ability to learn, keep up to date, and confidently advise on new technologies and solutions when they emerge.
[ OUR CULTURE ]
We are a small team. We think big and smart and are growing because we are successful at what we do. Through open communication channels, the team have direct access to each other, and we all have an impact on the business. Our whole team help and supports each other and draws from each other’s experience and knowledge.
[ WORKING FOR US ]
In addition to a competitive salary, we have great benefits including, autonomy to do your job and deliver results in a small company with excellent growth prospects. The space and freedom to learn and continually develop from a very experienced, professional and friendly team.
Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment but will include:
- 25 days holiday plus English bank holidays;
- Casual dress policy
- Modern office environment
- Christmas shut-down
- As much tea and coffee as you can drink
- Pension Plan with company
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with your CV and a brief covering letter, stating why you are interested in working with us and why you believe the role is right for you.