AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive .
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The primary purpose of the project management role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints. Projects may be clearly defined before being handed to the project manager, or may require the project manager to work with a business analyst to define scope and requirements. Projects may require dynamic and complex change management to deliver business value which the project manager will oversee.
We are looking for a project manager who can oversee our Salesforce projects initiatially, other non-salesforce projects may also be in-scope of the role depending on demand.
• Overseeing all AVEVA Salesforce project work
• Ensuring project scope and requirements are clear and signed off
• Completing clear and documented project plan
• Stakeholder management for successful project delivery
• Project delivery against plan, providing regular and clear updates
• Advanced understanding and use of AVEVA PPM tools
• Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
• Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
• Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Implement project communication plan.
• Perform risk assessment, and implement mitigation plans.
• Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
• Ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives.
• Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
• Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
• Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
Important Working Relationships
• Sales and Support operational teams
• Project Stakeholders
• Change Managers
• Business Analysts
• GIS Operations team as relevant to projects
• Technology business partners
The individual can demonstrate:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field; project management and/or general business management; or equivalent, related IT experience.
• Project manager training and certification.
• Salesforce certification highly desirable.
• Three or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
• Experience of Salesforce project management highly desirable
• A minimum of two years of demonstrated competency in a project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project
• Demonstrated experience in leading a project team
• Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully using “soft skills” or “people skills”
• Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
• Familiar with project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and agile)
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
• Knowledge of project-planning tools
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.