Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
Principal UX/Product Designer
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
At AVEVA we believe in product management where the product discovery process is a key to create the products that customers love. Through product discovery we want to try-out many ideas that enable us to solve customer problems well, by identifying greatness early and enabling technical and usability robustness.
Our mission statement is to “Make the best of the human expertise” and provide decision support tools that work with the user and assist with everyday decision making. Product Design is a key to that mission. It is also key within the product discovery process aiming at addressing usability aspects and creating a great user experience.
A Product Designer will work within an empowered team of Technical Leads and Software Developers guided by Product Managers. The team would run a series of experimentations focusing on validation of user needs, discovering new problems to solve and testing various designs that strive to create great user experience while providing customer value.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer who will work alongside the Product Management and R&D teams and establish product design practices which would in future grow into a separate UX function.
What we’re looking from you:
• Establish design standards, system and process across the teams
• Work with the product management team to shape the product strategy
• Work end-to-end starting from early ideas, designs, workflows and detailed interactions
• Work closely with the Product Team and R&D teams to research and validate the design with the user experience and value added in mind
• Work alongside product managers to conduct experiments to test your design hypothesis
• Grow the team of product designers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
What we will want you to do:
• Experience in doing product design or similar UX role where you can show us your previous work
• You are strongly user-driven and advocating their needs
• You have experience with rapid prototyping using relevant techniques and tools (pen & paper, wireframing, low/high fidelity mockups)
• You have experience with user research
• You have a pragmatic approach to design where you focus on the balance between value added for customer and effort.
• You enjoy solving complex problems with simplicity in mind.
• You have a passion for continuously learning new things, technology and evolving as a designer.
• You are able to communicate designs effectively to stakeholders.
• If you have any experience making complex engineering tools more usable and user-friendly then we would greatly welcome that, however, it is not essential.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such