Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
RF Systems, Engineer Senior Staff
A senior staff engineer in the RFA Design team based in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for the definition, modelling and verification of the radio system, sub-system & cell-level specifications for radio transceivers and for providing the necessary documentation to support the above.
Job Duties You will be responsible for architecture development and specifications for the radio, sub-systems and cell level designs. Responsible for maintaining specifications and Matlab models as designs progress. This involves working closely with the analogue circuit designers through the complete design flow and verification to ensure system level specifications are met. Focused on initial bring-up and debugging of radio macros for transmit, receive and frequency generation (LO). Developing and testing radio calibration, control and BIST algorithms. Interfacing to the Firmware/Software teams on radio control and calibration issues. Longer term duties include: Advancing radio architecture designs to meet future business defined requirements. This is with particular emphasis on maximizing radio performance while retaining low power dissipation in order to conserve battery life in mobile platforms.Minimum Qualifications
- BSc/BEng or higher degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering, Communications engineering or equivalent
- 5yrs + Industrial experience in radio transceiver system design for single chip integrated solutions.
- Must have good understanding of radio transceiver architectures, key performance requirements, RF interfaces to antennas and external RF components, impedance matching, S-parameters and the use of Smith charts.
- Must have experience in Matlab model development and simulation. Experience with using Simulink to model and simulate systems and sub-systems is also required.
Must be able to prepare, present and document work undertaken in a clear and concise manner.
*References to a number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfil the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Python and embedded C scripting is preferred.
- A reasonable understanding of digital architectures, implementation and RTL language code is beneficial but not essential.
- Education RequirementsBSc/BEng or higher degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering, Communications engineering or equivalentKeywordsRadio systems, radio frequency, matching networks, smith charts, Matlab, Simulink