Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
Engineer, Senior - Cambridge
The Connectivity and Networking Engineering group (CNE) is a leading player in Voice and Music, Bluetooth Smart and Internet of Things, with locations around the world. The business group develops and delivers hardware, software and applications that bring together the very latest wireless and audio technologies to create industry leading audio voice and music products. You will be joining a successful engineering department whose deliveries can be found in billions of Bluetooth and Voice and Music products worldwide.
Based in Qualcomms Cambridge UK office, this is a permanent role in an innovation team developing machine learning (ML) models targeted at our Voice and Music and IoT products. The job includes design and improvement of ML algorithms targeted at our small form factor devices. Additionally, it includes responsibility for collation and management of the requisite data and working with others to ensure that expected performance is realized in products. The successful candidate will follow best practice in both the scientific and engineering aspects of their work and be enthusiastic, hard-working, proactive and independent. Key Responsibilities
- Develop Machine Learning models for small form factor use cases
- Collect, analyse and visualize audio data using our in-house R&D form factor platform
- Maintain state of the art knowledge in the relevant domains
- Develop proof of concepts, present results
- Maintaining, refactoring and reviewing code, writing unit tests and documentation
- Oversee and support realization of results in products
- A Bachelors Degree (or higher qualification) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- References to a number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfil the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
- Python and Machine learning (ideally Keras/Tensorflow or Pytorch)
- Mathematical and Statistical analysis
- Data analysis and visualization
- Signal processing, especially audio
- C or another strongly typed language
- Software engineering experience
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Experience with embedded devices
- Proactive, creative, curious, motivated to learn and contribute with good collaboration skills
A Bachelors Degree (or higher qualification) in Computer Science or related discipline.