We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with all-round experience in marketing and communications who can execute the company's communications strategy, connect us with our stakeholders, and manage and exploit our brand. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to grow their skills and be proactive and creative across a wide range of marketing activities. The role will report into the Head of Communications.
Marketing and Comms Associate
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders across all teams, as well as external agencies and service providers
- Developing social media content and strategies for targeting key audiences and managing social media day to day
- Analysing relevant marketing data and proposing new marketing tactics to improve performance
- Writing and proofreading copy for blogs and other content
- Coordinating internal marketing efforts and supporting internal events
- Managing the creation and maintenance of external-facing content including marketing materials, promotional items, updates to the website, etc.
- Supporting the organisation of BIOS-hosted external events
- Communicate effectively and work well across a business with other departments to achieve better outcomes
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Degree Level in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in relevant marketing or communications roles
- Communication skills, be it via email, telephone or face-to-face meetings, for interacting with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Adaptability and readiness to take on new challenges
- Organisation skills to plan and drive campaigns and strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, both long form and social media
- Experience in managing social media accounts and campaigns on behalf of a business
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience in a startup
- Interest in healthcare and BIOS’s mission a strong plus
- Strong experience in PowerPoint design
- Graphic design experience, especially Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Canva
Competitive salary depending on experience and company share options.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Healthcare and Dental insurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Gym membership contribution
- Cycle repair scheme
- Great central Cambridge location with excellent transport links
- Season ticket loan for commuters
- Snacks on tap
- Access to Cambridge Botanic Gardens
Preferred start date: ASAP
To apply: Please provide your CV and a 300 word cover letter.
BIOS is committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.