We are a leading precision medicine start-up, creating intelligent software to enable oncologists to monitor response to cancer therapy in near real-time. Our team uses applied bioinformatics, machine learning, genomics, and the experience of our associated oncologists and surgeons to bring low invasive ‘liquid biopsies’ to cancer clinics worldwide. We are deep in the stages of R&D with clinical partnerships in California, the UK and Singapore, where we are working to understand the clinical consequences of tumour evolution during treatment. We have completed two tranches of fundraising; first from a large Cancer Centre and the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program and later by top UK and Silicon Valley investors, and are now focused on growing quickly.
Development Operations Specialist
People who join us range from academics at leading research labs at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge (and others) to ambitious developers and machine learning engineers. Joining CCG means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people that share our vision of pioneering an industry. Work at CCG is incredibly varied and we challenge ourselves daily. We work all over the world and often travel and socialise together. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, supportive and stimulating company team culture, who like to overcome challenges and drive the company forwards.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Management and expansion of our existing product and development infrastructures. The role will also contribute to decisions surrounding technical architecture of new projects.
We’d like to work with someone who:
• Has a desire to produce and maintain highly automated business critical infrastructure
• Has a proven track record of DevOps in a professional environment
• Enjoyed their bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent professional experience
• Has knowledge of AWS tools like ECS, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk and Autoscaling
• Has good working knowledge of Python or Bash
• Has experience with build management tools (i.e Jenkins, CircleCI, Docker)
• Has good understanding of web security
• Enjoys working and communicating effectively with other team members
Useful experience (although we are open-minded):
• Relational database and NoSQL management
• Experience with test driven development
Competitive salary, depending on experience. Also includes equity and bonus-based remuneration. Our hiring process includes a phone interview, technical challenge, an in-person interview day and reference checks. We aim to complete the hiring process within 4-6 weeks of application.
Other benefits include:
• Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
• Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
• Inclusive company culture • Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
• Paid personal development days (e.g. hackathons, hosting events, learning to code)
• Potential to attend conferences and meetings worldwide
• Socials As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the daily lives of cancer patients. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we're on together. We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water. Experience in cancer biology and biotechnology are not required – all you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.