The Consulting Engineer II is responsible for leveraging expert-level engineering, material and data management knowledge, system integration expertise and relationships to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex material data management problems using ANSYS software products.
Consulting Engineer II
• Credibly and professionally execute implementation projects that are sold, as defined in Statement of Work, resulting in high customer satisfaction and delivering value to our customers.
• Actively engage with the sales teams and customers to identify opportunities to provide implementation services to enhance the utilization of simulation and material information management in product development.
• Work as an integral member of the Sales and ACE teams to progress and secure the implementation business. This will involve working with Sales to develop sales strategies, engaging with customers to understand their existing material information management process and their product development process, developing a vision for enhancing their existing process with ANSYS products and services, articulating that vision to the customer, and working with the ACE team to develop a plan for execution of that vision.
• Work closely with the ACE team to ensure timely development of effective Statements of Work and Services Proposals. Monitor the execution and delivery of consulting and implementation projects to ensure customer satisfaction and develop opportunities for follow-up projects that advance the vision for improving the customer materials information management and product development process.
• Look for opportunities to generate marketing collateral from projects such as success stories, testimonials and presentation material.
• Collaborate with Product Development to improve ANSYS software products and the customers’ experience using these products.
• Mentor more junior members of the services team.
• Manage small to medium customer implementation projects.
• Provide customers with customized training for ANSYS products.
• Actively contribute towards continuous improvement of the Services/ACE teams.
• Provide technical leadership to ANSYS contributions as part of consortium and collaborative R&D projects.
• BS in an engineering, material science or other related discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a customer-facing role at ANSYS or in a similar organization’s consulting services or related customer-facing activities.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in use of relevant ANSYS software or other commercial data management software.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Thorough understanding of one or more of Product Development Process, PLM System Integration and/or Materials Data Management.
• Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers.
• Experience in the use of CAD, PLM or Materials Information Management software is a plus.
• Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance.
• Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus.
• Ability to communicate professionally in one or more languages relevant for the hiring location.
• Available for travel (up to 50%).
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.