This newly created position is key to Sepura's future Product roadmap as we manage the transition from our highly successful and established TETRA technology products, to developing the next generation of Broadband and LTE products which will drive our business forward over the next decade
- Drive new products into the market and manage their profitability and competitiveness throughout their life
- Specify market requirements for Sepura Broadband products by conducting market research supported by visits to customers and non-customers
- Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning
- Develop a launch and introduction strategy and implement in conjunction with Product Marketing and Customer Support departments
- Assess competition by comparing products
- Work with Sales to create product sales strategies
- Create long and short-term product sales forecasts and analysis for management
- Provide return-on investment analysis throughout the product lifecycle
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs, anticipated demand and competitive environment
- Work with other Product Managers and the Senior Management Team to deliver a complimentary, coherent joined up strategy for addressing mission critical customers and markets
The candidate will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. The candidate will possess a blend of business and technical savvy; big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The candidate will spend time in the market to understand the customer perspective and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
The candidate must be able to communicate with all areas of the company; they will work with engineering counterparts to define product requirements and with Marketing Communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
The candidate will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
The candidate filling this role will be required to obtain UK Security Clearance (SC)