Commercial Officer, TWI, Granta Park
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and expertise in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
The Commercial Group acts as a central focus for all of TWI’s internal and external customers. The Group controls and monitors all commercial aspects of the business including those of our various overseas subsidiaries. It is a busy team-orientated environment, with a high level of interface with all technology and business development groups.
TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
You will work as part of a team supporting projects that require a high degree of management and liaison, not only with our own technical staff, but also with outside customers, partners and agencies.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and negotiate financial and contractual agreements
- Co-ordinate and update internal project status reports
- Oversee projects from inception through to invoicing and payment
- Prepare and agree payment claims
- Additional commercial administrative/management duties concerned with the creation and maintenance of contracts.
Success in your application requires:
- A sound understanding of business methods and commercial experience
- An awareness of the importance of customer service
- A methodical and organised approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, a self-motivated attitude and team-working approach
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Conducts themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
You will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, eagerness to learn as well as an influential personality and have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
A qualification in Contract Law or experience of negotiating contracts and/or agreements would be an advantage, as would knowledge of export compliance. Consideration given to applicants with no experience if they have relevant qualifications.
This role may require travel, mainly within the UK and potentially overseas.
Job Profile: Project Leader, Business Services
Business Position: Professional & Senior Business Support
Closing Date: Monday 2nd December 2019