As a Project Manager at Arm, you will have traditional expectations to ensure good quality, to-spec, and timely delivery of products, but also a focus on enablement and transparency to achieve this.
Arm’s technology is the foundational intelligence in over 100 billion silicon chips and is fundamental to enabling exciting new markets Hyperscale Computing, Virtual Reality, Autonomous Vehicles. It is at the heart of hot technology areas such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, to name but a few - but is very cool!
Our Open Source Software team contributes to some of the most exciting global software development communities, across all layers of the software stack from the lowest levels of firmware to higher level projects that are transforming the application of software technology for entire industries. We collaborate, both internally and with our partners, to accelerate the adoption of the world leading IP that Arm offers to change the world that we live in for the better.
The culture, people and work environment at Arm are buzzing with opportunity.
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated, technically proficient delivery/project manager; with a proven foundation in both traditional and agile practices in a very technical environment; willing to do what it takes to enable and serve some of the most brilliant software development teams on the planet? If so, we seek enlightened Project Managers with the tenacity and versatility to flex across a wide range of delivery frameworks, technologies and teams, who embrace change, enjoy a challenge and can lift a team to new heights.
As a Project Manager at Arm, you will have traditional expectations to ensure good quality, to-spec, and timely delivery of products, but also a focus on enablement and transparency to achieve this. You will strive to build and evangelise lean and efficient practices across the delivery organisation and wider communities, with a passion for continual improvement.
To succeed in this role, you must be a skilled networker, multi-tasker and communicator. In collaboration with your teams and partners you will play a key part in leading the:
- living of our culture and setting the tone; especially via the recognition of your teams, by providing considered care and constructive mentorship as appropriate.
- Smooth running of a project from initiation through closure, including selection of appropriate delivery frameworks and implementations thereof.
- Tracking and execution against commitments and expectations, being the voice of reality when things go awry and taking the initiative to get them back on track.
- Clear communication of team progress and needs.
- Collaboration with external contractors and internal functions.
- Administration and maintenance of the projects.
- Business planning
- Evolution of and conformance to, project delivery related guidelines and processes.
This role will be based at Arm’s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, and its largest engineering centre (although some travel to be required), giving the opportunity to be surrounded by world-leading authorities and work with some of the very best people anywhere.
- A proven track record in project management across all aspects of the development via waterfall and continuous frameworks, including the delivery of software-centric projects across the full Software Development Lifecycle and a good familiarity with typical flows, processes and practices.
A meaningful understanding, expertise and practical experience in:
- planning and scheduling in both Agile and traditional ways and a clear understand the pros, cons and pitfalls of each. Experience of using project planning tools such as MS Project, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, or similar.
- tracking, monitoring and controlling project activity across multiple locations and disciplines with a preference for visual and lean reporting practices.
- prioritisation, resource and risk management.
Personal qualities must include:
- Strong communication and networking skills to harmonize with peers, senior management, project stakeholders, and customers
- A positive, can-do attitude which is adaptive to change, robust, able to accept new challenges. You should be a role model to those around you.
- Professional but not stuffy – able to laugh, celebrate and have fun!
- Good time management, reliable and organised
We expect a good University degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Advantageous attributes are:
- Formal project management qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince2, Scrum Master, SAFe etc)
- Software development experience
- Business Analysis, Product ownership and requirements management generally.
- Experience liaising with customers, partners and remote development teams
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it andbe responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
When applying please indicate in your application where you saw the advert.