This role will support the Schlumberger Cambridge Research (SCR) site. SCR is home to two cross-platform scientific research groups for Production and, Exploration & Field Development as well as the global nerve Centre of Schlumberger’s Well Construction Platform.
HSE Specialist (Trainee)
Job Application Opening Date; 13th Nov 2019
Job Application Closing Date; 11th Dec 2019
HSE Specialist. Reporting to the Facilities & HSE Manager.
As a member of the Facilities & HSE team you’ll be assisting and supporting the multi-disciplinary science, engineering, data analytics teams along with the support functions and contractors in the creation and maintenance of suitable safety systems.
Schlumberger’s own HSE Pro training is a pre-requisite for the role. Typically, this is phased over two 15-month phases and will include travel within the UK for training and additional work experience, some home study will be required as well as time set aside at work. Career progression is linked to performance and successful completion of each study block.
Indicative responsibilities will include:
- Support the site HSE Manager in the full spectrum of HS&E compliance delivery
- Staff and contractor inductions
- Assist in the preparation of metrics and other reporting materials to support site safety groups and provision of consistent updates to site and platform management
- Track site training requirements against the Schlumberger standards, organise and deliver training including sharing resources with other sites
- Support the duty of care auditing of compliance driven services
- Support the pre-qualification and due diligence for contractors working on site.
- Take an active role in HSE groups and campaigns
- Compilation and retention of Waste transfer notes, packaging regs compliance etc.
- Travel, mainly within the UK; for training and auditing skills and to support other sites in training delivery and 1st party - in-house audits.
- Preferably study to degree level in a science, technology or engineering subject
- Evidence of HSE study to a nationally recognised standard; IOSH, IEMA or similar Health, Safety and / or Environmental qualification, and
- Minimum of 1-years working experience in an HSE role or role with significant element of HSE responsibility
- Experience of work in a compliance driven sector; oil & gas, aviation, chemical manufacturing etc. would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of research environments beneficial
- Fluent and Literate in (UK) English.
- The role requires a high degree of independent thought and action, must be self-motivated with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop goals & priorities to organise their own work and meet business needs.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the relative costs and benefits (legal, reputational, business & financial) of potential courses of actions and, an ability to make informed choices
- Able to recognise when decisions have implications beyond the scope of this role and escalate appropriately for clarification, advice and support.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26k to £30k per annum based on experience.