Cosworth is a world-leading technology business that delivers high performance engine and electronics solutions for automotive vehicle manufacturers and motorsport teams.As a Graduate Software Engineer, you’ll be involved in all aspects of the software life-cycle, from design, to implementation, to testing and maintenance. Working out of our Cambridge office, you’ll work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. We can offer a great career path, job security, interesting projects and a friendly team-oriented environment.
Graduate Software Engineer
Cosworth pioneered combining video and data to enhance data analysis in motorsport. We currently have exciting opportunities to join our rapidly growing, dynamic team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for our next generation platform that will:
- Reveal insights to help improve driver performance on and off the track.
- Provide a space for driving enthusiasts to share their experiences.
- Allow users to compare themselves against each other, so everyone can improve.
As part of the team, you’ll be working with the latest technologies, including Xamarin for cross-platform app development, and Azure for cloud storage and analysis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Graduate to help create a truly global platform for motoring enthusiasts around the world.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Collaborate in a team environment to deliver great software.
- Develop solutions for some of the world’s largest companies.
- Write clean readable code.
- Learn and utilize new technologies.
- 2:1 bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with one or more development languages (C, C#, C++, etc.)
- Proven numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Eye for detail and problem-solving ability.
- Cross-platform development (Xamarin, iOS, Android, Windows, macOS).
- Clean and intuitive GUI design.
- Asynchronous and multi-threaded programming.
- Data acquisition and analysis.
- Video capture and playback.
- Cloud development, preferably with Azure.
- Cloud-scale data analysis (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDInsight).
- NoSQL database technologies (e.g. LiteDB).