What you will be doing:
- Setting, developing and implementing the portfolio and individual journal strategies and delivering KPIs in terms of usage, market share, quality, reputation and customer service.
- Developing the best authorship and readership for the journals, through networking, personal contact, commissioning, attendance at conferences, site visits and roadshows etc.
- Managing, leading and motivating a team of up to 5 direct reports, and a number of remunerated external Associate Editors.
We are looking for:
- Significant experience in STM journal publishing, including commissioning; an excellent understanding of the peer review process, editorial policy and marketing.
- A good honours degree in science (chemical sciences normally preferred).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel extensively nationally and internationally.
- Up-to-date knowledge of and passion for the chemical sciences.
- Previous experience with Editorial Boards.
- Contacts with the relevant communities.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
This is a Permanent full-time (35-hour week), based at our Science Park Cambridge office, with extensive national and international travel.
For a full job description, please click here.