Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd, is a UK-based radar and sensor solution provider delivering an integrated multi-sensor package comprising Blighter electronic-scanning radars, cameras, thermal imagers, trackers and software solutions.
We are recruiting a Support Manager to work with our customers to install and configure Blighter radar equipment and software so that they are left with a fully working and tested system and staff trained in its use. You will become an expert in the installation and operation of Blighter radars and associated surveillance technology.
We are looking for an appropriate technical qualification and possibly a background in field support, IT support, as a project engineer, or in the technical branches of the Armed Forces. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will lead a small support team:
- You will provide support to customers to ensure effective installation and operation of our surveillance systems.
- You will support our development team, and our sales and marketing team. This includes providing feedback about our products and services. It will also include updating equipment and operating manuals and handbooks.
- You will work as part of a small team and with customers throughout the sales process including demonstrations and trials.You will support customers during the design process and during installation, commissioning and testing of equipment. This will include site visits. You will provide support to customers in trouble-shooting and diagnosing faults, often remotely via the Internet.
- You will design and provide training at any stage of the process, but most frequently to the end-users; the operators.
- You will operate out of our premises at Great Chesterford and you can expect to be travelling for periods ranging from a couple of days to two weeks or occasionally longer.
- Experience of complex integrated systems and IP-based networks.
- Strong people skills and evidence of managing others and working directly with customers.
- Good technical, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience providing technical training.
- An ability to document your work accurately and clearly.
- Good spoken and written English language skills and an appreciation that much of your customer interaction will be with people working in their second language and with cultural differences.
- Use of standard PC based office software.
- A clean UK driving licence and be free and willing to travel internationally
You may also have:
- Experience of key technologies; radar, thermal imaging cameras, wireless communication systems.
- Experience of scripting and editing parameters in configuration files.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments to ensure safe working.