Arm is looking for an engineer to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Cambridge, UK. Applications Engineers provide the technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using Arm CPU and System IP.
Applications Engineers help Arm’s partners working on cutting-edge technology to build the best possible SoC design integrating Arm CPUs and System IP.
You will be providing technical guidance on interconnection and configuration aspects, investigating issues, identifying solutions using RTL simulations and effectively communicating your findings. Every day you’ll be faced with a different set of technical challenges on a variety of different products.
While doing this, you will become an expert on Arm-based systems.
Once your knowledge has established, you will have the opportunity to visit customer sites around the world to deliver technical training courses to their engineering teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs.
Key Technical Skills & Expertise
- BSc Degree or higher qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of HDLs such as Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Very good knowledge of CPU architecture principles and SoC design principles
- Ability to use RTL simulation tools for debugging purposes
Desirable Skills & Expertise
- Knowledge of one or more AMBA bus protocols
- Knowledge of the Arm Architecture
- Knowledge of STA and SoC implementation principles
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about Arm CPU & System IP
- Develop and deliver technical training courses on CPU & System IP, both onsite and remotely
- Perform onsite customer SoC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimisation recommendations
- Work with Arm IP design and product management teams to improve partners experience and influence IP feature development
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers
- Create and modify web-based knowledge base articles and application notes
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers solve problems more efficiently
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.