The Software Development Assistant will:
- Ensure that meetings and other processes required for software development are appropriately scheduled and completed.
- Ensure that the discussions, outcomes and decisions made at meetings in which the development team are involved are appropriately documented and recorded.
- Help to maintain the content of the team’s internal process management systems (for example, acting as “housekeeper” for Jira and Confluence).
- Maintain and improve the mechanism(s) that the team uses to communicate with other functions in the company, ensuring that product requirements, delivery pipelines, timelines, plans and forecasts are kept up-to-date and available for the rest of the company to act and rely on.
- Watch out for, identify and raise awareness of potential deviations from the planned/forecasted deliverables. Help to replan/reforecast as appropriate.
- Maintain an understanding of inter-person dependencies within the team/development programme. Identify blockages and act to mitigate them. Chase for and obtain deliverables if required.
- Manage the processes of other non-technical tasks such as sourcing and receiving translations for user-visible text in the software developed by the team.
- Coordinate the tasks that surround and have to be completed each time the team releases a new software version.
- Help support the team’s interactions with the customer support team, including scheduling of the technical support rota and managing any exceptions to that rota.
- Support the CTO personally in ad-hoc task management, coordination, etc. allowing him/her to maintain and maximise a coherent focus on the key elements of that role.
- Come up with, propose and implement any new approaches, processes or techniques that could help make any of the coordination and communication-oriented elements of the software development process smoother.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement.
We’re looking for someone with previous experience of supporting software development functions and projects in a product development organisation, and someone who is:
- A natural communicator, who enjoys working closely with people, across teams and helping others.
- Process orientated, who loves developing efficient and well-defined processes that help teams run smoothly – you’ll be ruthlessly efficient and eager to remove barriers to getting things done.
- A self starter who is able to manage time, prioritise and multi-task as necessary;
- Reliable, organised, and has a drive to get the details right – you’re probably the sort of person who hates loose ends, documents that aren’t quite right or actions that haven’t been followed up.
- Enthusiastic about the large number of dog-related puns that form part of our working lives.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Garden with BBQ
- Well stocked kitchen
- Pawsome team social events
Job reference: PP-JOB-18
Reports to: CTO.
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Remuneration: Competitive + benefits, based on experience.
Start date: ASAP.
How to apply: If you think you’d be pawsome in this role, and you’re interested in talking more about it, please send your CV and an email telling us why you think you’d be a great member of our pack. Strictly no recruiters – we will bark at you.