SPT Labtech is a fantastic company to come into as an experienced Software Engineer - you will get to work on the whole product-lifecycle from requirement gathering through to user interface, useability and testing.
SPT Labtech is a fantastic company to come into as an experienced Software Engineer - you will get to work on the whole product-lifecycle from requirement gathering through to user interface, useability and testing. You will also get to work with small multi-disciplinary teams and get a true understanding of our innovative products and our customers’ needs. Do apply if: you are naturally curious, like working collaboratively, are interested in the science behind the products and love problem-solving!
In return you will get plenty of freedom to try things out and the opportunity to learn from your colleagues across the business. You do not need to have studied Computer Science to apply, but you do need to be passionate about writing software.
- Assist in software/hardware issue resolution (root cause analysis).
- Support the Applications Engineering team with defining performance test criteria of software and software / hardware combinations.
- Support the Training Team with developing material for new products and features.
- Provide input to development projects based on lessons learned.
- Support the Technical Author with input to new User and Technical Documentation.
- Perform software development to written technical specifications working within the company’s quality processes.
- Resolve reported defects and support release of new code through the company's validation and release process.
- Create, document and implement test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Maintain watching brief on development of new technologies, techniques and methodologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in software, engineering, science or other numerate discipline or equivalent experience
- Windows desktop application programming using Microsoft Visual Studio C#/.NET
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Be able to demonstrate object-oriented design & programming skills
- A track record of team-based software development in multiple projects during your career
- Able to self-organise and fit into an on-going (agile) development process
- An understanding of modern software development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
With experience of some of the following:
- Graphical user interface design & implementation (WPF)
- Automation, instrumentation or robotics
- Embedded (C, C++) and real time OS
- Mathematical techniques and numerical methods
- Source control systems (e.g. SubVersion, Git)
- Database programming with Oracle / MySQL
- Machine vision
SPT Labtech is based on the Melbourn Science Park, a short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas. There are excellent cycle, train, road and airport connections.
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including: Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, generous Pension Plan, Profit Share and relocation packages as well as great facilities and discounted local swimming, squash and gym memberships; there are also social running and football teams to participate in.
Before applying, please take the time to read our recruitment privacy notice which can be found on our website.