Applications are invited for an Electronics Engineer in the Quantum Information Group at Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. As a member of a rapidly expanding team for developing and manufacturing state-of-the-art quantum cryptogrpahic systems, s/he will be responsible for design and test of new printed circuit boards as well as maintaining of existing PCB designs.
- Design and layout of new PCBs
- Maintain and update of existing PCB designs
- Managing procurement and inventory of PCBs
- Test and debugging of PCBs
- Degree level in Electronics, Physics, or a related discipline
- 3+ years PCB design experience
- Experience of Altium Designer software or similar
- Familiar with RF signals and serial communications
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to author high quality technical documents
Keeping personal data safe and secure is one of the greatest challenges posed by the rapid development of today’s information technology. To meet this challenge, Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) has emerged as a revolutionary technology that allows the distribution of digital keys needed for data protection with security guaranteed by the laws of quantum physics. Unlike existing technologies based on public key cryptography, QKD is future proof and is not vulnerable to technological advances in mathematics, engineering, or computing or even the realisation of a quantum computer.
Toshiba Research Europe Limited has pioneered the development of high speed QKD systems over the past decade. It developed the first Quantum Cryptography system operating over 100 km of fibre and the first to operate with a secure key rate of 10 Mbit/sec. Toshiba quantum cryptography systems are deployed in secure fibre networks in the UK, EU, US and Japan.
Applicants should submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a covering letter stating clearly which role they are applying for.