We’re looking for a highly experienced, driven, Head of Quality.
Head of Quality
You will have a passion for detail and excellence, to help us execute world-class manufacturing and help us to bring the next generation of minimal access, surgical-assist robot to market.
If you’re a motivating leader, who enjoys driving a team to achieve high priority objectives and goals, this could be the right opportunity for you! You’ll need to be a forward thinker who will thrive in a fast paced, developing and ever-changing high-tech environment.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will provide vision, leadership, support, collaboration and direction that ensures our systems and instruments are delivered to the highest standard. Your collaborative nature and logical approach will enable you to confidently manage a range of stakeholders across the global business, to ensure successful outcomes are achieved, and innovations embraced.
You will take a hands-on approach to leading the Quality Assurance, Quality Control, supplier quality and process improvement functions, working closely with the manufacturing and supply chain team, and will have the skills to:
• Implement the global quality strategy to achieve strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations;
• Guarantee the continual compliance of quality standards for products and processes to ensure reliability, consistency and safety.
• Monitor and report Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the quality function through tracking metrics;
• Collaborate with other teams and functions across the business to drive best practise in the approach to quality
Through providing direction as part of CMR’s quality function, you’ll be able to make a real impact on the success of the business.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! As we grow roles will also change and evolve, and as a result, we’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the quality remit that helps the team deliver high quality product off the line. Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Quality function is driving excellence through our manufacturing and supply chain functions
- Managing quality teams and projects across the business
- Leading the development of the Quality Management System
- Creating and implementing best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Driving efficiency improvements in the application of quality engineering principles throughout the business from R&D to manufacturing, including the full design release and engineering change cycles
- Leading and preparing the company for audits, assessments and inspections from all accreditation bodies and customers
- Evaluating quality process and results, re-calibrating initiatives to embrace changing needs
- Contributing to the annual budget process
- Mentoring the team and assisting with recruitment of high-quality candidates for the team.
- Clearly communicating the company’s vision and values.
You will have experience of leading a major quality function, including QMS, in a highly regulated manufacturing environment such as medical devices, automotive, or aerospace.
We anticipate you will have:
- A significant background in the day-to-day running of a quality function within a high-technology, high quality manufacturing business
- Proven ability to understand quality issues in a complex mechatronic system which consists of both high value, low volume and low value, high volume elements
- A detailed understanding of what it takes to ensure high quality product is produced by manufacturing and our outsource partners in a regulated environment
- Experience of validating production and inspection processes to meet business needs
- Good experience of mentoring and developing teams, having successfully led teams in the past
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills, coupled with excellent communication
- A pragmatic and responsive approach in a high energy environment
- The ability to differentiate and prioritise between multiple conflicting priorities without losing sight of long-term strategic goals
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- A passion for continuous improvement and familiarity with the use of relevant techniques such as CQA, root-cause analysis, CAPA, Lean, Six Sigma, 8D
- A good degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience combined with a successful track record
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.