We are looking for manufacturing test technicians to carry out the system testing of our state-of-the-art surgical robotic system at our Cambridge site.
Manufacturing Test Technician
If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can learn on the job encompassing a range of skills from electronics, test and measurement through to precision mechanical assembly, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We are looking for manufacturing test technicians to carry out the system testing of our state-of-the-art surgical robotic system at our Cambridge site. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can learn on the job encompassing a range of skills from electronics, test and measurement through to precision mechanical assembly, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Working as part of a close-knit team, this role will see you taking responsibility for:
- Running end of line testing of medical devices assembled in manufacturing, ensuring product has been built and functions against a defined specification.
- Providing a detailed account of all findings found during testing, which will include raising tickets to report faults.
- Generating and writing up of test reports that clearly record the results of testing.
- In addition to testing you will be able to assist with assembly of electro-mechanical sub systems (e.g. robotic joints) following manufacturing instructions
It’s taken for granted that you’ll be great at working as part of a team, bringing your strong work ethic, attention to detail and a proven desire to deliver high quality results. We’d also like you to have:
- A can-do attitude for a variety of tasks including, goods-in inspection, stock control and manufacture
- Experience of conducting End of line testing and writing up of test reports
- Experience with diagnosing issues through data analysis and extracting information from logs is desirable
- Proven practical experience of high-tech assembly or test (preferably within a regulated environment such as medical/pharmaceutical or aerospace)
- A careful approach to assembly, lab and tool use
- The ability to keep accurate records, in line with cGMP
- Experience using test/measurement equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters and oscilloscopes
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.