We have a great job for a highly motivated, responsive and experienced Jira Administrator to join our IT team based in Cambridge.
You should aspire to be the Jira Subject Matter Expert and will play a key role in ensuring we have the best possible Jira environment for CMR. If you’re interested in an opportunity to develop, support and maintain Jira and its use across a rapidly growing and innovative company, then this is for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed, for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Setting up Jira projects for new programmes, customising workflows, permissions, screens and issue types specific to project/user requirements
- Managing JIRA projects (Scrum, Kanban, Business & Service Desk), starting of company-wide sprints
- JIRA system administration, planning and delivering regular Jira Core, Software, Service Desk & plugin upgrades
- Reviewing and recommending plugins that provide enhanced functionality and reporting
- Ensuring Jira is healthy and functional, trouble-shooting any problems (poor performance, log errors, workflow problems).
- Managing the migration of Jira Software to Data Center, ensuring minimum downtime
- Aiding teams working on Jira connected applications/scripts with setting up a Jira development environment
- Offering up best-practice advice on workflow development
- Depending on skill level there is the potential to get involved in the development and testing of Jira connected applications and scripts
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the IT team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator, this hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have experience of:
- Jira installations and administration
- Service Desk and Software workflow creation including the use of ScriptRunner
- Mapping complex multi-discipline business processes to Jira workflows
- Setting up Jira instances for plug-in / application development
- Working knowledge of Jira REST APIs
- Jira Data Center administration
- Working with Agile development methodologies
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience in Data Center migration
- Java / Groovy development
- Jira plug-in development
- Experience of working in a Software Development environment
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.