As an experienced Procurement Manager within the field of plastics you will take overall responsibility for negotiation and contract management; developing and building strategic supplier relationships; risk management and the identification and resolution of supply chain issues within your category.
Procurement Manager – Systems Plastics
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Tracking & reporting key supplier metrics
- Negotiating with external vendors
- Finalizing purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Evaluating the current supply chain status & where appropriate, looking to reduce the number of active vendors
- Managing purchasing with selected large contract manufacturing organisations
- Assessing, managing and mitigating risks to supply chain
- Control expenditure & build a culture within the business of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Developing a clear vision and strategy for the category, and related source plan
- Monitoring the health of dedicated supplier portfolio(s), minimising exposure to supply risks and developing contingency plans for material crises
- Work alongside engineering to understand their technical needs and deliverables, translating them into a viable robust sourcing strategy
- Responsible for end to end sourcing process including market analysis, negotiating, contracting and any other activities associated to contract and supplier management
- Identify, select and grow large scale supply chain partnerships, delivering cost savings against agreed business strategy
- Performance management of strategic suppliers by creating and monitoring service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Instrumental in developing sound procurement policies and procedures and implementing them throughout the business. Promote best practices in contract management and supplier selection
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Supply Chain remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Extensive experience leading procurement activities, specifically dealing with large (low volume) and small (high volume) plastic moulded parts
- Previous experience of working within Medical Device, Automotive or Aerospace industry advantageous
- ISO13485 experience (desirable)
- A high proficiency in MS Office Tools
- The ability to gather and analyse data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- A talent for negotiations and networking
- The willingness to travel globally if required
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.