Internal Travel Coordinator
TWI, Granta Park, Cambridge
TWI is one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, with expertise in materials joining and engineering processes. We develop innovative solutions for real industry problems that can have a profound impact on the world and people’s lives.
TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
We are seeking a Travel Coordinator to assist our Business Travel Manager in providing a fast and efficient travel booking service to our employees. TWI are an international organisation with clients spanning the globe requiring our staff to travel extensively, sometimes for extended periods. This is a highly responsible role requiring excellent organisation skills to ensure smooth transit.
Duties and responsibilities will include organising all aspects of business travel:
- Researching flight availability, times and prices using the internet and Galileo reservation system
- Researching and booking hotels worldwide using the internet.
- Issuing rail tickets, organising car hire worldwide.
- Accurately inputting detailed travel information onto spreadsheets.
- Liaising with TMC via telephone and email.
- Registering delegates on worldwide conferences.
- Conducts themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
Skills & Experience:
- You will have previous experience of working in a travel environment
- Knowledge of Galileo or similar travel system.
- Demonstrable close attention to detail and an organised approach
- Excellent administrative skills and knowledge of MS Office, in particular, Excel.
- Great communication skills and ability to stay focussed under pressure
Hours: Full Time; 36 hours p/wk.
No. of vacancies: 1
Closing Date: Monday 13th January 2020